Health Certificates

Dr. Jennings provides health certificates for interstate and international travel. She is certified by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and will work with you or your transport company to complete the necessary paperwork to see that your pet has a safe start to the journey.

Whether you are traveling from state to state or internationally with your dog or cat, it is the pet owner’s responsibility to be fully informed of travel requirements for their furry companion. There have been updates to most travel destinations domestic and abroad that could greatly impact your ability to easily travel with a pet. Please visit the USDA-APHIS website to find information on what is required to travel with an animal.

You should also be aware that as of July 14, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is temporarily suspending (stopping) dog imports from countries classified as high-risk for rabies. The suspension includes U.S.-origin pet dogs returning to the U.S. from any high-risk rabies country. Simply put: if you leave the U.S with your dog, you may not be able to bring your dog back – so make sure you know before you go!