We know that keeping your pets healthy and happy is one of your top priorities! As your pet ages, they may experience changes in their behavior and health that can be difficult to manage. That’s why keeping them on a schedule of senior wellness checkups is so important. These visits are an excellent way to monitor your pet’s health and provide an opportunity for you to learn more about what changes to anticipate as your pet gets older. Your veterinarian will be able to help you determine what kind of care your pet needs and make recommendations on how best to address whatever issues may arise.
Common Age-Related Diseases:
- Thyroid Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Heart Disease
- Liver Disease
- Cognitive Dysfunction
Haven Veterinary Clinic and the American Veterinary Medical Association, recommend that senior pets see their veterinarian every six months. These visits establish the baseline health of your pet and are used to ensure that they are aging normally. We love your pets as much as you do, which is why we have created our Senior Wellness Package.
Comprehensive care, all for one simple price of $749 for both cats and dogs. That’s a savings of $311.00!
Our Senior Wellness Package includes:
- Two Physical Exams Per Year: Veterinarians recommended biannual physical exams for all pets over 7 years old.
- Bloodwork: We check a complete blood cell count and chemistry with electrolytes, reviewing organ function.
- Xrays: Diagnostic imaging of both the chest & abdomen and evaluated by a Board Certified Radiologist.
- Intestinal Parasite Exam: If left untreated, these parasites could have serious consequences for your pet’s health and quality of life. We utilize these tests to detect and monitor common parasites such as hookworms roundworms and whipworms.
- Urinalysis: The analysis of urine allows us to detect early signs of diseases such as diabetes mellitus or kidney failure. If detected early enough, these diseases can be managed effectively with timely intervention.
We are always available to answer questions or concerns you may have about your aging companion. Schedule an appointment today or call us at 713-344-1570 to discover how Haven Veterinary Clinic can help your senior pet!